Education Master of Science, Johns Hopkins University
Emphasis: Government Analytics, Political Behavior
Graduation date: May 2017
Education University of California, Santa Barbara
Major: Political Science with an Emphasis in International Relations Business
Minor: Applied Psychology | Media Writing
Major Grade Point Average: 3.51, Dean’s Honor List
Manager – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Jan. 2017 – Present
Associate Manager Jan. 2016 – Jan. 2017
Sr. Staff Assistant Aug. 2014 – Jan. 2016
• Analyzing monthly testimony and Hill letters on a broad range of policy topics; telecommunication, infrastructure, water, banking, etc., for internal teams.
• Reviewing board of directors content, policy board reports, and general commerce correspondence from internal departments with the legal, congressional, and government affairs team.
• Further advancing pro-business legislation through outreach to local chambers and stakeholders at events.
• Analyzing LD-2 lobby report data for entire organization; creating lobby report correspondence for mass communication distribution; point of contact for non-coordination declaration database.
• Responsible for analyzing and submitting department’s million dollar annual budget/accruals, communicating with vendors, researching previous financial statements, managing department’s +$400,000 revenue stream and invoicing process.
• Improving consultant/vendor submission with 15 department’s contracts administrators through periodical training.
• Planned and executed events for board of directors, trade associations, and internal departments (legal, executive office, government affairs, communications, international, global intellectual property, etc.).
• Communication with outside stakeholders, members, and local chambers.
Gray Areas, LLC April 2015 – Present • Developed content reports which included international market entry hurdles, regulations, trade relations, GDP analysis, geographical hurdles, cultural barriers, directly to the President/Chief Operating Officer.
• Conducted research and in-person interviews for clients expanding their small businesses.
• Communicated with international agencies and business in regards to small business growth.
Media and Marketing Strategist
Collaborative Financial Solutions Oct. 2013 – June 2014
• Maintained social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Social media vendor supervision and internal communication.
• Updated company website, developed digital marketing campaigns for the company.
• Outlined blogs and marketing strategies.
Best Best & Krieger LLP March 2013 – June 2013
• Responsible for summarizing the FCC’s 275-page radio frequency House Bill for supervisors/clients in 48 hours; responsible for franchise comparison spreadsheet on telecom giants such as Verizon, Comcast, AT&T, RNC.
• Attended subcommittee hearings, drafted memos, and point of contact for congressional communications directors regarding telecom policies.
• Researched data on FCC’s Marketplace Fairness Act, collaborated with the legal team on content for grassroots mobilization efforts.
U.S. House of Representatives Aug. 2012 – Nov. 2012
• Administrative duties, interpreting legislation, and providing information on propositions to LDs and LAs.
• Worked with social media to promote candidates as well as finding new and innovative ways to educate the community about voting.
• As a team member I coordinated +80 hours on phone banks with staff to gather data and acquire votes at 85% individual accuracy rate.
• Conducted door-to-door canvassing with over 30 volunteers, developed and maintained spreadsheet for volunteer staff during campaign season.
58th Presidential Inaugural Committee Volunteer Jan. 2016
California State Society Jan. 2016
D.C. Republicans Jan. 2016
Certified Notary Public – Washington, District of Columbia
Gift Rules & Ethics Training – Thomson Reuters
Software: Stata, R, Excel, SPSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, AllStar, WordPress, SproutSocial, and PowerPoint.
Research: Lexis Nexis, West Law, PDF Converter Enterprise
Relevant Graduate Course Work
Data and Public Policy (Campaign Advertisement Regulation emphasis), Politics & Statistics, Stats Methodology, Cybersecurity, American Politics, Advanced Stats/Quantitative Methods, Political Communication, Data-Drive Campaigns, Economics for Public Policy,